Every year, GPBR runs the All-In For Diversity Campaign from April - March. Participants receive the following:
• A letter acknowledging that you are "All-In for Diversity"
• Recognition at all off-site events/promotions (when possible) as being "All-In for Diversity"
• Acknowledgement on guest tables at GPBR Fair Housing & Diversity events
• A letter from the President of the Association and the Chair of the Fair Housing & Diversity committee suitable for framing
• A printed and digital copy of the current year’s NAR Fair Housing Poster
• A copy of the NAR “Fair Housing Declaration”
• A certificate recognizing your participation at our Annual Meeting in November
The right to own real property is the foundation of our society, the development and redevelopment of our cities, the preservation of our rural communities, and always included when articulation the American Dream.
2017Participants were recognized nationally by the NAR for a 2018 Diversity calendar featuring artwork by K-12 students in the Grosse Pointe Public School System. Other programs included a “Leadership in Diversity” workshop offered by the NAR with special co-participant Dr. Augustin Arbulu, the Executive Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights.
Already in 2018 there have been partnerships with publications and community organizations championing the REALTOR® brand. Participation in a remembrance and re-enactment of a speech delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Grosse Pointe, as well as a commemoration of his life, and the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (the Fair Housing Act) has occurred. The 2018 participants will also walk to celebrate diversity in the G.P. Santa Claus parade in November.
Check out this video!