- Weekday Broker Tours (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) are visible to members only, login required, and will begin to display at 4pm on Monday.
- Weekend Open Houses are visible to the public and will display beginning at 3pm on Thursday
Executive Order #2020-110 eliminates the remaining restrictions on real estate practices.
(Scroll down for the Open House List)
However, as it relates to Open Houses and Broker Opens:
- Open Houses are considered an enclosed public space rather than a private showing.
- Masks should be required for those individuals participating.
- Participants should also adhere to existing 6-feet social distancing requirements.
- Best practices geared toward Realtor® and client/customer safety remain important.
- Turn on all lights and leave interior doors, drapes and blinds open.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces prior to and after the open house.
- Ask visitors to refrain from touching any surfaces in a home (including light switches and interior doorknobs).
- Do not share phones, pens, or tablets.
- Encouraging the use of masks and gloves for private showings.
- Additionally, you may want to provide the following:
- No use of bathrooms.
- Designate one exterior door as the entrance and another exterior door as the exit and/or stagger entering and exiting the property to allow for social distancing and the reduction of congestion.
- Finally, we suggest you post at the property the protocols you are implementing during the Open House or Brokers Open so visitors are aware of the safety measures being required and/or implemented prior to entering.
** We at the Grosse Pointe Board of Realtors suggest that the Broker/Agent use discretion when offering their listings for tour at both Broker Opens and Open House venues by striving to coordinate and maintain the least amount of personal contact with Agents and the Public, and by limiting capacity during opens.