The REALTOR® Active in Politics (RAP) is an award designed to encourage, educate, identify, recruit and recognize REALTOR® contributions of time, investment, and effort at all levels within the governmental/political arena.
- Increase REALTOR® effectiveness in monitoring and influencing the outcome of local, state and federal issues which impact REALTORS®, the real estate industry and the preservation of private property rights.
- Increase REALTOR® effectiveness in the recruitment, selection and election of candidates for public office who share a basic philosophy supportive of the REALTOR® viewpoint on issues affecting REALTORS®, the real estate industry and the rights of all private property owners.
- Increase REALTOR® effectiveness through their work within the local, county, district and state political parties.
- Increase RPAC fundraising efforts through educating the membership on issues and candidates and how they affect your profession, and how and why individual REALTOR® contributions of time or dollars make the REALTOR® profession significantly stronger.
- Visible recognition and member awareness for REALTORS® serving their profession and their association through political involvement.
- Participation of REALTOR® members.
Suggested Recipients of RAP awards:
- Members of governmental affairs, political involvement, RPAC and Public Policy committees.
- Members who serve the community as appointed or elected officials within their local community.
- Members serving the local association by monitoring local governmental units.
- Members serving on the REALTOR® Public Policy or RPAC Trustee committees or on various task forces.
- Members serving their local association on a board or committees.
- Members serving as Federal Political Coordinators (FPC) to members of Congress.
- Members who have worked closely with their political party of choice, candidate campaigns or local/state ballot issue campaigns.
- Members who make significant financial contributions to RPAC.
- Members who make a contribution in any political arena your association deems worthy of acknowledgment